Your privacy is important to Skylab Media and Research (SMR). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that SMR collects, and the ways in which SMR uses that personal information.
Information that we collect and how we use it…
- We collect your name and email address. For example, you may subscribe to receive email updates from the blog on the site by submitting your email address. We will NEVER sell your email address or name.
- We use third-party vendors to deliver the newsletter and process payment. We never see, hold, or store your payment details. Our third-party vendors include Mailchimp, Explara, WP Engine, and Razorpay.
- The internet comes with a footprint. Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Site, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address of the Site from which you enter the Site, the pages you visit on the Site and the amount of time you spend on the Site. This visitor information may be used to improve the Site.
- We use this information to … to deliver services, personalize the website for you, enabling your access, send you a newsletter, send you statements and invoices, collect and process payments, send you marketing and other emails.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
SMR asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit Consent — When you sign up for the newsletter (either free or paid) or buy a ebook/book at SMR, you provide explicit consent for SMR to collect the above listed personal information.
- Contract — If you enter an agreement with SMR for the provision of services in exchange for payment, SMR will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- Legitimate Interests — Finally, SMR may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Site to any third party, except:
- With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose),
- To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Visitor information described above under “Information that we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies.”
Your choices and access
We want to keep your name and email address accurate. You can correct or update your name or email address that you have provided us. Corrections can be submitted via email at vishal [at] safalniveshak (dot) com.
The Site may allow you to choose to receive or stop receiving communications from us. You can prevent further use of your name or email address by submission through email at vishal [at] safalniveshak (dot) com.
Links to other Web sites
Securing Your Data
SMR will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If SMR stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
A cookie is a small text file that the Site can place on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit the Site, a cookie may be placed on your computer for customizing and enhancing your experience on the Site. Your name and email address are not shared in this cookie. You can set your Web browser to block cookies, but doing so may affect your ability to access certain features of the Site.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under the age of 13, please immediately let us know at vishal [at] safalniveshak (dot) com.